Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Quote for the New Year

On the last night of 2010 I had my friends Sam and Gabby over for some fun. My brother had big plans with his pals and my parents left shortly after we ate dinner. Sam, Gabby, and I skipped out last year on the Cherry-T Ball Drop and decided we should all go this year. We walked the short distance from my house to downtown (I love living where we do!) in the unusually warm weather (I was actually hot...and thankful it wasn't freezing). The streets were crowded with many joyful individuals, families, and groups of people who had probably partied a little too much (if that's possible?) Despite all the people, we managed to get a pretty close view. It basically looked like a red dot on a crane that didn't even lower all the way, but it was fun anyway. Right after the big drop, the radio started playing a few amazing dance songs that everyone proceeded to sing along too......gotta love a street party!





And now on to the subject of the post:

"There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the 
flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound up in sorrows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves -- or lose our ventures.”- William Shakespeare


I first heard this quote during the graduation episode of One Tree Hill. The words really struck me and I was reminded of it again when I graduated high school. To me the quote represents new beginnings and what can be made from them. As we kick off the start of a brand new year, I am in deep thought of the goals I want to accomplish over the next twelve months. I plan on making the most of this year and really living in the moment.


So I urge everyone to go after your goals and dreams this year. Make things happen, because it could be your only chance.


Happy New Year.....Welcome to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment