Thursday, January 20, 2011

No better words

Yesterday I was reviewing my 2011 Resolutions and was one, disappointed by my lack of adherence to my new goals and two, graciously reminded that number one on my list was love the person who I am. This is something I've really been struggling with lately. I've felt so unsure of my decisions and stressed out about making such important decisions for my future with school and my major. I've been mad at myself for sitting around watching TV shows and not running, and all these negative thoughts have been racing around in my head. I have slowly been backing myself into a corner, making it harder to see the light in my day.

Until today:

I can think of no better way to sum up all of the things I've been thinking about life lately than the words of Evanna Lynch (who plays Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter movies). I was watching the recent vlog from owlssayhoot (Kayley Hyde) in which she mentions Evanna's blog and I had to check it out.

One: it relates to Harry Potter....so that's always a plus, right?
Two: it somehow explains exactly what I've been experiencing lately
Three: it cleverly connects this state of mind with a song I've been obsessed with lately....."my body is a cage" by arcade fire

Evanna's blog, called "Why the Body Bind is My Nightmare" is an amazing article that I believe everyone can relate to in one way or another. I'd encourage people to pass the article on to others who might need some inspiration lately.

The article reminded me that my body is important and I need to take care of it. If running is really what I want to do, then I need to go do it.....because I'm the only thing holding myself back at this moment. I've got plenty of time today with nothing to do. I just need to take that step, put on my exercise clothes, grab my keys and walk the very short walk to the rec center indoor track. Motivation to achieve goals comes from within, from positive thoughts, and a strive to better oneself.

How will I ever run a marathon if I can't even get myself out of my room for a short run. I can and will do this....today, no more excuses for this girl.

Has anything been holding you back lately? Have you been sticking to your 2011 resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment