Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Monday!

On any other ordinary Monday I would not be a happy camper....but this Monday is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, which means no classes!!!!! 

Of course we can't forget what and who the day is dedicated to and all that he gave in order to make the world that much of a better place. Here are a few of my favorite MLK Jr. quotes.

"Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars...Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in the moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."


Another day to relax and sleep in is always a day to be thankful for. In the midst of my laziness and procrastination I did manage to do my 30 Day Shred video again. This is my third time doing it because I skipped Saturday and Sunday. My goal is to get in 30 times of doing the video even if they're not consecutive days. I did still use my 5 pounders, but took a few breaks by not incorporating the weights (some of the squats and the side lunges on the second reps) to give my arms a rest. The video is slowly but surely getting easier, and I always feel so good after I'm done. One thing that I love about the video is that at every point that I am starting to feel like I just want to give up, Jillian reminds me that you can't take a break and you have to push yourself. It's always during the first section of weights in the second rep of push ups, right when I go to sit in child's pose for a sec that she says something about you can't stop in a 20 minute workout and it always forces me to keep trying.

The rest of the day has been devoted to Dexter, you know that Showtime Series about a serial killer cop who only kills the bad guys, yeah creepy right? I've heard such good things about this show from everyone that I had to check it out for myself. I've actually seen a few episodes before here and there but I had no clue what was happening. When I started watching the pilot I was totally weirded out and the killing scenes just reminded me somewhat of American Psycho. Then I kept watching and now I'm hooked.....great another show I plan on following, as if I don't already have enough. It still totally freaks me out that he's a murderer and that he just slices people up, but the forensic parts are really intriguing. The way Dexter can tell what happens by analyzing the patterns of blood and such is way cool. The show just draws you in and you can't help but keep watching to see what happens next. 

On a different note, I went to the cafe tonight for dinner and everything was so disgusting tasting. I'm very thankful that I changed my meal plan, but can't wait till I can eat whatever I want to eat again....3 more days!

What I've been craving lately, but haven't been able to eat:
  • Pizza....seriously all I want is some cheesy goodness
  • Wheat Thins Stix....I got some more for Christmas that have just been sitting in my room taunting me
  • Granola and yogurt.....I can have the yogurt but granola's been a no go
  • Various fruits and veggies.....apples, pears, cucumbers, carrots
  • Oreos....yummmm
  • And I'm sure many other random crunchy foods I can't think of at the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment