Saturday, January 29, 2011

Friday with Friends

This semester....as well as all my previous semesters....I don't have class (i'm spoiled), and so I'm left lounging around and procrastinating. Usually I don't do a whole lot because most of my other friends have class, and I don't have a job, but yesterday was semi productive.

I woke up and made an amazing breakfast (I forgot to snap a picture), it consisted of....
-kashi autumn wheat (which always reminds me of Florida with my gparents)
-milk
-broken up banana
-vanilla almond butter

YUM!

Afterward I went to the gym, which was kind of a fail in the running department and I'm questioning my decision to run this marathon, but I'm glad I worked out. Which, by the way, I can't believe the Chicago Marathon registration opens up on Tuesday! I've been making excuses to not work out and haven't been frequently hitting the gym like I should be. I don't know what my problem is this semester, maybe the snow? maybe the cloudy skies? So yesterday I walked two warm up laps then started to run, got three laps in until my shins started screaming in pain. I stopped to loosen them up and walk for a few laps, but the pain didn't go away. I continued the rest of the first mile then stopped for a bit to stretch out. After realizing that the pain in my shins was not going to go away that easily, I knew I needed to skip out on running for the day. Instead I went on the elliptical, good cardio workout but not as much pressure on my shins. The elliptical worked great and my legs loosened up quite nicely after 15 minutes.

Later in the day a few friends and I went to see No Strings Attached......man did we laugh!


The movie stars Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher, who are both charming and hilarious. I'd definitely recommend this movie and can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

The night was also eventful on a different note, Corie and I witnessed a drug deal in the middle of the Family Video parking lot and when we pulled in at the movies we caught a couple in the middle of some car action. If we were cops we would have had prime spots last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment