- Wake up at 5....eat a piece of toast and drink apple juice before 6 am......unusual for surgery day. Most of the time I'm forbidden to eat anything after midnight the night before, but I guess since my surgery doesn't start till after noon it's okay.
- Go back to sleep :)
- Kill time by going downtown and doing some shopping....I love downtown Ann Arbor
- Be at the hospital by 1:15.......we always have to wait for a call the day before surgery and they tell you what time the procedure is and what time you need to be there
- Surgery is scheduled for 2:15
- For an hour and a half
- Recovery.....hopefully avoid getting sick
- Then the long drive back to Traverse City
- and maybe some much needed food
The worst part of the day for me is not the surgery but the needles. Needles suck and I have a totally irrational fear of them......that's gotten better(but it's still not all that great).