Now that Thanksgiving is over it's time to start talking about Christmas. Here in Traverse City we have a great variety of small businesses from boutiques, book stores, restaurants, and more. Since today is Small Business Saturday, when you're encouraged to shop from your local small businesses, I wanted to highlight gifts that are made in Northern Michigan (mostly right in TC).
- Soaking salts from The Great Lakes Bath + Body or any of the other good smelling body products they offer.
- A gift certificate to see a movie at The State Theater (with enough for popcorn too!)
- A favorite wine or beer from a local winery or brewery.
- Something sweet or savory from Cherry Republic.
- Olive oil from Fustini's for the cook in the family. They also offer cooking classes which I hear are a lot of fun, plus you get to eat the food after it's made.
- M22 clothing and accessories so they can show off their love for Northern Michigan.
- Locally made cold weather accessories from Baabaazuzu.
Have a good weekend and don't forget to shop locally for Small Business Saturday on November 28th!