Monday, January 24, 2011

iwant! iwant!

Last week sometime I was searching through Pandora and a few other choice websites looking for new music (yes again, I told you I'm a music addict....the search will never stop). Anywho, I was picking my way around Blalock's Indie/Rock Playlists (a site heavily connected to the hipster scene, but an amazing source for cutting edge music), which I visit on occasion because I know I'll never be let down.
Scrolling down through the January playlist, my eyes caught a heavily weighted four star song called Anna Sun (sounds interesting right?) by Walk the Moon. I think I mentioned last week that it was one of the songs I bought.... but the "problem" is I haven't been able to stop listening to it....or them. Then as always I hit up Youtube, to search more songs by the artist. Look what I found.....


Seriously, what's not to love here? Painted faces, 80's wear, very good looking singer, a reminder of summer, and something that just makes you want to get up and dance.


or another one of my favorites...


just to name a few, I'd seriously suggest just listening to anything you can get your hands on.

After purchasing Anna Sun I went back to buy Jenny, and today couldn't resist buying the rest of the CD. This music just makes me smile..... and most importantly get up and start dancing around my room, while singing along and whipping my hair around (something I only do when no one's watching).

I keep forgetting these guys are more small time still, because I can't believe why anyone would not like Walk the Moon. I wish they were coming closer to where I am! I might have to make a special trip to Chicago this spring to track them down when they play there....seriously.

If you're like me and love Walk the Moon, you can find more information on...


and their songs are available on itunes, which I would definitely recommend purchasing!

Can't wait to hear more from this group :)

No comments:

Post a Comment