Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back at Western

I'm back in Kalamazoo! Excited and glad, but also a little sad and a little nervous about the next couple of weeks. After surgery I've always had my mom there to remind me when to take my meds and what not to do (aka no drinking through straws, no hard foods). I love having my parents there to help me out, especially when I'm not feeling so great...I mean really who doesn't?
But I very much enjoyed my time in Traverse City...I can't believe it's been a month!
Even if I did spend most of it relaxing on the couch in my pajamas.

I just looked over the list I made of things I wanted to do during my break.....

My To Do List Over Break:



  • Catch up on Desperate Housewives (I'm basically still back in the middle of last season).....and yet now I'm somehow already 2 weeks behind lol
  • See a movie at the State Theater and eat lunch at Crema with Sandy!!!!....more like see a movie and have dinner at Pangeas (yum!)
  • Go sledding
  • Make a snowman (stupid Western doesn't allow them)
  • Bake some cookies
  • Make chip dip
  • Go for a midnight Meijer run for sushi
  • Celebrate Christmas
  • Celebrate New Years
  • Go to Red Ginger for sushi.....more like go to Firefly for sushi, but it still counts ;)
  • Have a girls night with Sandy and Chelsea.....I can kind of cross this one off too because we had a lovely girls lunch
  • Hug my friend after almost 4 months of not seeing her....Yes I'm talking about you Winnie!.....miss her so much!
  • Color with Gabby and Sam
  • Watch a bunch of Christmas movies
  • Take a bath
  • Hopefully go running....kinda hahahha
  • Take a yoga class
  • Get a haircut
  • Walk around downtown TC
  • Hot tub and girl talk at Ariana Joy's
  • See all of my extended family members 
  • Go to Espresso Bay for coffee
  • Dance!
  • Make Kraft Mac and Cheese
  • Get a new phone.....with texting :)


I didn't really accomplish many of the list items, actually I accomplished quite a few of my list items. I didn't do as much out doors as I was hoping.... and i didn't cook a whole lot (more appreciating my mother's cooking). I was not missing the cafeteria food, but I might lower my meal plan because last semester I hardly ever went to the cafe on the weekends.

Hope everyone else got done with the things they wanted to finish before school....and traveling back, all across the country wasn't too bad. Today was so sunny and gorgeous, it made for good travels.

Ugg off to bed, because I have a 9 o'clock class tomorrow (what was I thinking with these early classes?)

No comments:

Post a Comment