Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Things That Make the Day Better

When I took yoga at NMC, we were assigned to write at least three daily gratitudes in a journal. Taking the time to pick out three things each day to be thankful for, taught me how to stop and appreciate life. There's always things during the day that can go wrong and bring you down, but we don't always pick out what goes right.

Here's a list of things that made my day:


  1. New music: Besides dance, music is my life and has always had a way to make me feel better. I love finding new music and figuring out the rhythm and feel of the song. I recently bought the songs Anna Sun by Walk the Moon; I Need a Life and Foxes Mate for Life by Born Ruffians; Tickle Me Pink, The Box, and Barnacled Warship by Johnny Flynn; Unsatisfied and Taste of a Man by Rachel Borovik; Just Impolite by Plushgun; and My Body is a Cage by Arcade Fire. Yes I realize this is completely breaking my save my money resolution, but I couldn't help myself....I'm a music addict. My friend Gabby told me about Johnny Flynn (who's from England, but can still pull off this amazing folk sound), and I used to go to school with Rachel (who's an amazing artist and I love her soulful sound).
  2. My Mom's chili: My mom sent me back to school with some yummy homemade chili, and I finished it up today.

      3.  Finding out that the sign up for Chicago Marathon starts February 1st! The next step to my goal. I know if I don't sign up I'll regret it, so even thought I don't feel ready now, I know I'll get myself ready.
     4.  Working on my training schedule for my 10K :)
     5.  Discovering a brand new artist: The amazing works of Tyler Shields. He's a celebrity photographer, who has this amazing knack for video portraits. He's slightly twisted, but his stuff is so good I can't even explain.
  

All these pictures come from Tyler's website.....http://www.tylershields.com/  Just a word of caution, many of the photos are pretty racy and can be pretty dark. You definitely need to have an open mind to appreciate his works. (and if you do, don't forget to check out the videos....they're awesome!)
      6.  Lastly, I finished my great day with a cup of steaming hot Big Train Vanilla Chai tea: This is probably my favorite brand of chai. YUM YUM YUM. it never gets old.


Look at my cute mug....a gift from my wonderful aunt, who also gave me the big train chai :)

No comments:

Post a Comment