Saturday, November 20, 2010

Movies, My Lack of Exercise and Soul Mates

Tonight was a movie night!
Today was boring and I decided watching a movie would be a nice retreat from this lack-luster day. I ventured to the Red Box.....if you don't know what this is, it's one of those big red boxes that are in Meijer, Walmarts and various other places where you can rent movies for a dollar a night. There is a Red Box in the Branco Mall and it's quite convenient. I went there tonight hoping to get Sex and the City 2 seeing as I haven't been able to see it yet, but Red Box won't carry it until next week :( Anyway I decided to rent Letters to Juliet (another movie I was never able to see this summer in theaters).....this movie was so good. Letters to Juliet staring Amanda Seyfried (Mean Girls, Mamma Mia) is about an american writer named Sophie who while on vacation to Verona discovers a 50 year old letter from a woman to which Sophie answers and tries to help the woman find her long lost love. The movie is really cute and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a legitimately good chick flick. 

The movie was all about lost love and true love and it made me think about the concept of soul mates. I believe in love but I've never known what to think about soul mates. The concept of two people destined to be together, are we all just put on this earth to find our other half? And if soul mates exist does love at first sight exist? I think the best way to sum up all the questions I have about soul mates is the conversation between Prince Henry and Leonardo da Vinci in the movie EverAfter......
                Henry: Do you really think there is only one perfect mate? 
                Leonardo da Vinci: As a matter of fact, I do. 
                Henry: Well then how can you be certain to find them? And if you do find them, are they really the one for you or do you only think they are? And what happens if the person you're supposed to be with never appears, or, or she does, but you're too distracted to notice? 
                Leonardo da Vinci: You learn to pay attention. 
                Henry: Then let's say God puts two people on Earth and they are lucky enough to find one another. But one of them gets hit by lightning. Well then what? Is that it? Or, perchance, you meet someone new and marry all over again. Is that the lady you're supposed to be with or was it the first? And if so, when the two of them were walking side by side were they both the one for you and you just happened to meet the first one first or, was the second one supposed to be first? And is everything just chance or are some things meant to be? 
Honestly EverAfter might be one of my all time favorite love stories.

Really I think love just happens by chance, but that it's one of the most important parts of life. Doesn't true happiness come with love? So I ask you.....do you believe in love and soul mates?


Moving on from the deep and sentimental....... I haven't exercised in a while.... which is bad because the Turkey Trot is coming up next week. Besides working out in aerobics class on Thursday, I haven't even cross trained at all this week....yikes. I am hoping I can manage to get up early enough tomorrow to make it to the Rec Center before noon. I hate how early it closes on game days. I just can't wait to be going home on Tuesday and that's basically all I can focus my mind on at the moment. I'm so excited to be able to spend time with my family, see all my friends, sleep in my own bed. take a bath, and eat all the yummy Thanksgiving food at my Grandma's house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment