Thursday, November 18, 2010

10 things....part 2

10 Things You May or May Not Know About Me.



Trip to New York City this summer eating ice cream in my Hair shirt :)



  1. My left pointer and middle fingers are both curved toward each other and my knuckles only touch when I overlap them. I was throwing a football back and forth with a friend in elementary school when I jammed both of those fingers. Now my pointer finger's knuckle cracks every time I bend it.......yeah can't wait for that arthritis to set in.
  2. I once was hit in the head by a football in junior high gym class. It hit me right above the eye, in the corner of my glasses and cracked them. Not only embarrassing, but I'm pretty sure that's why I hated gym so much. Junior high was not nice to me, and this is just one piece of evidence that I'm not good with balls.
  3. I started dancing when I was 4 years old and my first on stage concert was for Alice in Wonderland, I was a flower. I danced with the Traverse City Youth Ballet Company and later the Dance Center Youth Ensemble; performed in productions of the Nutcracker, A Christmas Carol, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella. I'm no longer taking dance classes......and I'm really sad about it :(
  4. I broke my foot once...was on crutches. I had surgery on my toe once...was on crutches. I dislocated my knee cap once...was on crutches. During one of those times my friend Lizzie and I went to get ice cream from the Dairy Lodge about a block from my house; I crutched all the way there and all the way back while Lizzie held the ice cream in front of me for motivation. I came back and had spots under my arm where the crutches had rubbed, it hurt but I'm motivated and a pro (who seems to be crippled a lot of the time).
  5. In junior high I wrote the lyrics to Michael Jackson's Thriller on the back of my planner.....no lies. I found the planner last year in a pile and was excited that I had proof I was an MJ fan before he died and everyone recognized his artistic talents again. His personal life aside, he was just incredible artist. 
  6. I was Cyndi Lauper one year in elementary school for Halloween. My mom suggested it and I had no idea who she was at the time. It was then I discovered my love for Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, denim jackets/tutu skirt combos and everything 80's
  7. I met one of my best friends, Sam, in sewing class in 8th grade. We made gloves, pajama pants and a friendship that's lasted (sorry for the cheesiness). I still use those mittens, they're so warm.
  8. When we were younger my cousin Hannah and I always wore matching outfits. Our mom's would buy us the same outfits for Christmas and stuff so when we got together we'd always make sure to wear them. We basically spent the first half of our lives as twins.
  9. I had a wall full of Teen Beat posters of 'N sync, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, O Town, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and S Club 7 when I was younger. What can I say it was the 90's. My cousin had an 'N sync snap bracelet and I was super jealous.
  10. I got to dance on stage on Broadway in New York City. When my friend Gabby and I went to NYC this summer we got tickets to see the musicals Hair and Next to Normal (and the ballet Don Quixote!!) When we went to pick up our Hair tickets the lady made some comment like even though we were in the back we still had a chance to get on stage......Gabby and I didn't get it and just laughed like oh yeah wish we could be on Broadway one day. Basically Hair is one of the best musicals and it's really interactive...the actors come and sing by you and pass out flyers. The theater wasn't very packed the night we went and at one point I had this girl up in my face belting out the song and shaking her fro at me......it was slightly awkward....but I just sang along. As the show ended, they put stairs leading to the stage and invited people to come up. Gabby and I followed this obviously experienced girl's lead and darted down the back way to the stage. As the cast started singing the encore of "Hair" and "Let the Sun Shine In" we danced around and sang along under the magical lights of Broadway and next to all the cast members. Basically it was one of the best moments of my life and I will never forget that feeling of pure happiness it gave me.

My cousin Hannah and I during our twin stage


1 comment: