Monday, April 4, 2011

Matchbox Twenty and Earth Day

I put some new songs on my ipod for the walk to class today. I figured I needed something to brighten up this gloomy day, and the best way I know how to do that is by a little music therapy. I transfered a bunch of different random songs from my top rated list and as I walked along I got to listen to some music I haven't heard it quite a while.

Such as this....
or this

and most importantly this

I can't put the actual real world music video on here but if you want to watch it (you should....there's a camel and a young Rob Thomas!) I'll put the link here. I miss the simpler days of my youth jamming out to Matchbox Twenty, they really had a lot of great songs. Rob Thomas is an amazing songwriter and the lyrics can relate to everyone.

Second topic of the day is Earth Day :) which is April 22
Earth Day Guide

I've been working on my last pamphlet for my Modern Social Problems class today and decided to pick Earth Day because it's so universally important (and easy to write about). Did you know that, "more than 1 billion people now participate in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world." And the first Earth Day lead to the creation of the US Environmental Protection Agency and helped pass the Clean Air, Clean Water, and Endangered Species Acts. Pretty cool huh?


For these facts and more, visit the the official Earth Day website. You can check out ways to get involved and make a difference. We only have one Earth to live on and we need to protect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment