Friday, April 22, 2011

Learning Quotes

I'm finally back and settled from my day trip to Ann Arbor and back. I feel like today has taken forever and all I want to do is crawl in my bed and sleep, but first blog. I've made it 22 days without skipping a post for BEDA and I'm not about to miss one now. My parents took a TON of stuff back with them and I can't believe how empty my room is (and how big it looks!) As I mentioned last time, I clearly own way too much stuff.
But today I want to leave you with a few quotes about learning, in light of the ending of the semester. A time when you realize just how much, or how little, you've learned from a class. Also, I wanted to remind myself that just because school is over doesn't mean I stop learning.

Get over the idea that only children should spend their time in study.  Be a student so long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life.  ~Henry L. Doherty
I'm okay with abandoning study practices.


You learn something every day if you pay attention.  ~Ray LeBlond


Children have to be educated, but they have also to be left to educate themselves.  ~AbbĂ© Dimnet, Art of Thinking, 1928


I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.  ~Abraham Lincoln


I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.  ~Winston Churchill
true that Winnie


Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before.  ~Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
I really like this one


Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to one's self-esteem.  That is why young children, before they are aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily.  ~Thomas Szasz
Oh that's why studying and learning is so hard in college?



source


Welcome to my weekend. Happy studying for those with upcoming exams!

No comments:

Post a Comment