Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Done Ahead of Time

As school is close to ending it seems like everything is piling on thick. Teachers are giving more and more assignments, and the projects get bigger and more complex. On top of everything we have the great option of extra credit assignments. Don't get me wrong, I love me some extra points especially when I'm not too happy about my current grades, but the extra work kind of adds to all the stress. As previously noted I tend to have problems with spreading work out evenly, which leaves me with a bunch to do last minute anyway. That's why when I actually sat down and got work done tonight after getting back from the gym instead of putting it off to do before class tomorrow, I was shocked by my scholarly effort. Where did this girl come from and why didn't she join the movement earlier? This I don't know, but I do hope she stays around for the next couple of weeks.

I'm always astonished at how 9 months seems to go by so fast (lets not even talk about how summer seems to be put on double speed). In just about two weeks my semester will be all done and I'll be moving back home... something that excites me, yet worries me all in one sitting. This is the first year that I've had actual freedom, long periods of time on my own and not answering to anyone's higher authority about where I will be every moment of the day. I love my parents, and get along with them on most days, but going back to living with them kind of concerns me. I'm semi dreading all the questions about whether I am getting my homework done, or how late I plan on being out. I know that these are pretty standard parent questions, which are only asked as a concern for my well being, but it has a way of making me feel like I'm being treated as a child. This is something I really need to work on and I know it will take a lot of patience on my part. I plan on practicing a lot of yoga and meditating as much as I can in order to create peace of mind this summer. That way I can really enjoy being with my family like I know I can and should. Honestly right now I can't wait to do fun family things (is that dorky?) and am super excited to see my parents in a week :)

I love this photo of my mom and dad. 

The end of the school year seems to bring much uncertainty into life. It's not just the weather that is changing but a feeling of doors of opportunity opening up. There's so much I want to pack into this summer and yet it's not that long of a time. I always set summer goals, that inevitably are broken, but not this year. This summer WILL be different and I can't wait.


Change always comes bearing gifts.  ~Price Pritchett

No comments:

Post a Comment