Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blog World

I read way too many blogs.


I can't even count how many blogs I keep track of because they're all over the place and I'm constantly finding new and interesting ones to read. I try to keep up with them, but it's so hard. I'm sure if I used google reader it would probably be an easier more organized task.....but I like seeing the actual lay outs of each person's blog (it makes them more personal).

The majority of the blogs I read are health and fitness blogs, with some food and fashion thrown in. What I love is that each person has their own style and voice that makes reading about their life feel like I actually know that person. I love getting recipe ideas, or life advice from blogs....and what's not to love about a little fashion update. Since I'm slightly addicted to shopping, but don't have the budget to, I can live vicariously through other bloggers. I also feel very empowered and motivated after reading all these blogs by successful women with amazing careers. Some of the bloggers are even in college, which is fun to read in a more relatable way.

I still feel like I'm just starting out, trying to find my own voice and my own style. Something that will draw people in, and will interest people enough to keep them coming back for more. Sometimes I struggle to find time between class, home work, friends, and working out to write posts all the time. And other times I struggle to find something interesting that people actually want to read. I live a pretty normal, slightly boring, life where not much happens on a daily basis.

It's funny how now I find myself blabbing on about blogs in every day conversations with people (like they care). I constantly have to stop and tell myself that my parents want to hear what I'm doing not this blogger or that one, and that my friends don't care what a random blogger had for breakfast.

Starting this blog had nothing to do with wanting lots of people to read it, and I still don't really care about that, it was about keeping myself on track. A way to document my exercise and goals of a healthier life, almost like a diary. I've always loved to write (for myself, not so much for schooling purposes), and enjoyed keeping a journal as a young girl. I find writing really therapeutic for me, like I do art and dance (and running).

So my goal for next month (April) is to write something of substance at least once a day aka. Blog Everyday in April. I know it'll be a challenge, especially with the end of the semester and exams right around the corner. I still can't believe I'm almost done with my first official year at Western Michigan University. And I also can't believe it's been almost 3 years since I graduated high school! Where has all that time gone?

On and ending note, I do have a few enjoyable things to share with you today,
first.....
I painted my nails the other day! What do you think of the color?

second....
I bought two new bottles (like I mentioned) yesterday of Sally Hanson nail polish (the same brand of the color I'm already wearing). They were buy one get one 50% off, that's why I could afford two :)

third....
source

I'm watching Army Wives right now. I used to watch it all the time and haven't consistently watched it in at least two seasons, so I'm just starting over and going through the whole series. I totally forgot about a ton of stuff that happened. Luckily my homework load for the week is pretty light, so I actually have time to watch these without blowing off stuff I should be doing. Also...
source
Roxy and Trevor have ALWAYS been my favorite couple! Her "take no shit" attitude and his "I'm great with kids and super hot" attractiveness makes them perfect.

and fourth....
I bought a bag of Dove dark chocolate yesterday at Meijer and have been getting the greatest quotes on the wrappers. Such as.... "Tempt your sense of exploration,"
"forget the rules and play by heart,"
"Happiness never decreases by being shared,"
and "do what feels right."

Thanks for the advise and wise words Dove :)

No comments:

Post a Comment