Thursday, March 10, 2011

Songs in My Head

I hate when you listen to a song and you immediately have to listen to it again. It could be an old one you overlooked before or a brand new song, but all you want to do is have the song on repeat. A few days ago it was the song Nicest Thing by Kate Nash, and now it's Disgusting by Ke$ha. It's just been stuck in my head and haven't been able to stop humming it.


I'm not the biggest Ke$ha fan, and there are really only a few songs of her's that I like. It's really annoying that I can't even listen to this on my iPod because it's been so messed up lately.

I went to the gym last night and ran/walked 6 laps then got on the elliptical. The same thing happened tonight, I walked a lap, ran one, walked, ran, and walked another till I just stopped and got on one of the stationary bikes. I have not been feeling the running lately. I don't know if it's the fact that I have to listen to the exact same songs now because I can't skip through my workout playlist, that my shins start to feel like someone kicked them after a few laps, that I have to constantly run around in the same area for such a long time, or maybe it's that I'm just lazy. Whatever it is, it's really annoying and I hope it stops. I need to start getting some distance so I don't fail in my 10 K at the end of May. I know once I get back to running a full mile I'll be fine, but I have this major block right now telling me I can't do it. I just need to get angry enough to push through the ache. Usually that's how I get through things, especially exercise challenges, focus on everything that is stressing me out and channel all my frustration.

Don't get me wrong, I have done pretty well with getting a workout in still. Like I said I went on the elliptical last night for 40 minutes at a 7 incline, and tonight I was on the bike for 45 minutes at resistances between 2 and 5. I've really been trying to get 4 days of cardio in per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment