Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sweaty Saturday

Today was a great day to head to the gym. Last night Corie and I discussed going to an aerobics class or maybe try spinning (both at noon), but after waking up all I wanted to do was just work out on the elliptical. Corie said she'd still come with me and we headed to the gym at 12:30.

It's gray skies and really windy outside today so hitting the gym definitely helped my mood. I don't know about you, but I'm one of those people who's mood and energy level greatly depends on the weather. 
Sun = Happy, energetic Sarah

I even remembered to bring my water bottle today!

We started out with one walking and one running lap around the indoor track, then moved on to the stationary bikes for 20 minutes.....
I started at 3 for the first 10 minutes then alternated with two minutes at level 6/two-three minutes back at level 3
Next we went on the elliptical, where Corie did 10 and I did 15 minutes.
We finished the workout up with a good stretch and I put in a few crunches.

Overall it felt great and now I feel like I can focus......
right after I take a shower because I'm drenched!

I seriously can't believe how sweaty I got today......gross, but good I guess. I like to judge how well my workout went and how hard I really tried by how much sweat I produce. I'm just glad I had my water bottle with me today, I have been drinking so much water lately :) I guess that's what happens when you give up drinking pop, you start filling your body with what it actually needs.

How's everyone else doing with their dedication to lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment