Saturday, March 19, 2011

Today was....

Today was gorgeous out!

I love that I can wear a light sweatshirt and feel so comfortable outside, as well as my favorite pair of aviators to block all the sun that was shining in my face (no complaints!) When I stepped outside today, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath (something I love to do this time of year), so I could smell the air. You know what I mean? It's a fresh smell of spring, like everything is clean and new. I listened to the birds chirp and made sure to enjoy the light breeze that was blowing through my hair. It was all very pleasing and I sincerely hope the weather stays like this!

When I woke up this morning, I really thought it was going to be a bad day. You know when the day starts out wrong, not even in a big way, but at that moment you think "oh snap, this can't lead to anything good." I set my alarm this morning for 8 am (the time my fall registration opened up) so I wouldn't miss any time signing up for the classes I needed/wanted, which totally did not work. I woke up at 10 and jumped out of bed in a dazed rush. Luckily the majority of the classes I needed were open and ready for me. The only problem came when I tried to sign up for two psychology requirements and it would not work online due to the fact that I'm currently taking my last psych prereq to declaring my major (child psychology). After which I found I couldn't visit my advisor until 11 (currently 10:20), so I decided to sit back, eat breakfast and relax. The classes were an easy fix and I'm happy things are working out. The only other problem came when I realized my schedule was basically locked in and any of the other electives I wanted to take were either closed or had time conflicts :(

I'm just happy things are moving forward and I'm taking one more step to graduating. I can't believe next year the majority of my friends will be graduating college and I'll be close behind. I hate that I'm behind, but I find this conclusive to the way the rest of my life has unfolded. Every one of my major life milestone has happened for the most part on a delay compared to most peoples. Getting my license, going to the casino, going off to college are just a few examples of what I mean. I've learned that being delayed is not always a bad thing and you should not spend time comparing the path of your life to those around you because everyone is different. In the end, when you do hit the milestone, it's usually something worth the wait.

- - -

The rest of my day was pretty low key. After lunch I went over to my aunts to do laundry and visit. We spent time discussing my plans for school, playing with the dog, and watching the Sleuth channel. Whenever I visit my aunts house Sleuth. If you're unaware of how awesome this channel is you should check out your local listing and tune in. If you love crime shows such as Criminal Minds, Law & Order, NCIS, Monk and others. They play episodes of JAG and it just reminds me of junior high when my family would sit and watch the show together. I was even able to have a nice phone chat with my great Grandma, who's in Florida right now. I miss her being in Kalamazoo with me!

After coming back to the dorm, I decided to hit the gym. I finally got my music loaded on my mom's iPod she graciously sent me the other day. I'm so happy to be able to listen to music again while working out. I even used this as an excuse to make myself run tonight. That's like the first time in over a week that I ran more than two laps! 

I ended up at the gym around 8:30, I don't know why but it felt so late. Usually I love going to the gym in the later hours, but tonight was just kind of blah. There weren't a whole lot of people to share the rec center with, which was an up, but at the same time when there's more people around I think I push myself harder. I only ran/walked a mile before stopping to hit the bike. I think it was just too late to run any farther. As I began my attempt at the second mile it was just too difficult for me to keep going and I didn't want to injure myself. My eyes seriously started blurring from tiredness and I almost tripped on my way to the drinking fountain. I'm sure it was a safe decision to stay on a stationary bike for the last 20 minutes and emerse myself in some Jersey Shore. 

The rest of my night was dedicated to relaxing, with some studying thrown in. Hope everyone had a nice Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment