Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Home Movie

I just saw a preview for a movie that was partly filmed around my home town, Traverse City. As much as I bitch about Michigan and wished I had grown up in a town with more diversity, or people in general, I can't deny my everlasting love for TC. It truly was an amazing place to grow up, I think my appreciation has just grown the further I get from it. I was lucky to have a beautiful lake a block from my house, the ability to walk downtown easily, a big green yard to play in, and friendly neighbors with kids my own age. My childhood consisted of playing dress up, dancing through my yard, games of pickle, trips to the Dairy Lodge, climbing on my swing set, and picking raspberries from our own plant.

Anyway, as I watched this movie trailer, I was able to pick out a few very familiar places and it just made me wish summer could come at a faster pace.

If you want to check out the movie for yourself (which I definitely would!)
here's the link------>http://thesleepingbearmovie.com/?page_id=2

It looks like a winner!

Beautiful Pictures of TC!

This gorgeous sunset we witnessed over the summer out by the dunes. 

Stormy day by the pier. 

 Our slacklining trees.

A fall day walk. 


The State Hospital.


1 comment:

  1. You're right, we are so fortunate to live in such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete