Thursday, August 29, 2013

So You Think You Can Dance Playlist

As a person who grew up with dance and had dance as such a big part of her life, I have always enjoyed watching So You Think You Can Dance. The show started back in 2005, right as I was heading into high school. SYTYCD gave me so much hope and inspiration as a young dancer. Now 10 seasons later the show still mesmerizes me; it's the one thing that never ceases to make me miss dancing and performing. Over the years SYTYCD has provided some amazing dancers, choreographers, and pieces that I will never get sick of.

Back in 2011 I made a post about my Top 10 Favorite Dances from SYTYCD, and now I want to share a playlist of songs from the show. I actually made this list back in the day in my iTunes and have slowly been adding to it each season. Hope you enjoy! (Links for each song provided)


  1. Collide (Acoustic version) by Howie Day
  2. Wonderful by Annie Lenox
  3. At This Moment by Michael Buble
  4. The Garden by Mirah
  5. Time by Billy Porter
  6. Eyes On Fire by Blue Foundation
  7. 2 Steps Away by Patti LaBelle
  8. Paris Is Burning by St. Vincent
  9. The Dance by Charlotte Martin
  10. No Air by Jordin Sparks
  11. I Will Remember You by Ryan Cabrera
  12. Fix You by Coldplay
  13. Never Say Never by The Fray
  14. On Your Own by Green River Ordinance
  15. This Woman's Work by Maxwell
  16. Mad by Ne-Yo
  17. How It Ends by DeVotchka
  18. Dancing by Elisa
  19. Imagine by David Archuleta
  20. This Bitter Earth And On The Nature Of Daylight by Dinah Washington and Max Richter
  21. Gravity by Sara Bareilles
  22. Beyond Words by Tenth Avenue North
  23. Already Gone by Kelly Clarkson
  24. Sundrenched World by Joshua Radin
  25. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) by Eurythmics
  26. True Affection by The Blow
  27. Turn To Stone by Ingrid Michaelson
  28. Hometown Glory by Adele
  29. At Last by Etta James
  30. Clarity by Zedd (ft. Foxes)
This list definitely turned out to be a long one, but it's hard to pick from so many over all the seasons. This is even a condensed version compared to what is in my iTunes. With this season coming to an end I'm getting excited to see who will be the winner. A few of my top picks have already been knocked off but there's so many talented people this year (I literally say this every season). I could never pick a favorite.

Do you guys watch SYTYCD? What's your favorite routine or song from the show over the seasons? Who do you think will win this year?

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment