Sunday, August 18, 2013

Today's Gratitudes

On occasion I like to take time out of my day to remind myself what I feel grateful for in my life. Back when I went to NMC (the local college), I took a yoga class. One of our assignments for the class was to keep a journal of 3 things were were grateful for every day. I should get back into the daily habit.


  • Firstly, I'm grateful for my family. The one really awesome thing about moving back into my parents house is that I get to spend more time with them. My dad was away with a few friends this weekend and my brother left on Saturday for a trip, so my mom and I had some nice girl time yesterday.
  • The sunny weather we've been having. It's warmed up again this past week and the sun has been shining almost every day. I'm definitely one of those people that feeds off the sun for energy. As much as I'd love to live in England, I don't know if I could deal with that much rain/little sunshine.
  • English Youtubers. I've been watching a ridiculous amount of UK Youtubers lately and I'm not even ashamed of it. I love their accents and their little groups of friends... and now I'm starting to feel a little creepy about it. Tanya, Jim, Zoe, Louise, Louis, Alfie and Marcus (I'm probably forgetting people). 
  • Yoga. So I've been sticking with my minimum of one yoga class per week in August. I still have quite a few classes left to use up before the month is done so I'm slightly worried about that. I've been so grateful for Rock Your Asana's ability to kick my ass lately though. I never realize how out of shape I'm in until I take that class. I secretly not so secretly love being sore after a workout. Plus yoga is the ultimate stress relief.
There's lots more I am thankful for but we'll leave this list here for now.

What are you thankful for today? Do you keep a daily/weekly/whatever gratitude journal?

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment