Friday, August 16, 2013

Word Problems

So I was rereading my post from yesterday and realized that none of it was good/made sense. Most of the time when I'm trying to use words to express myself, whether it's talking or writing, I make a mess of things. I intended to write some sort of short and sweet post yesterday, but it just kept going on and on. Nothing even came together and it sounded more like a string of semi-related thoughts than a coherent post. Even this now isn't turning out as well as I'd hoped.

I have always had a love/hate relationship with writing. I love writing in a journal, but I hate the tediousness of research papers. I love writing creative essays, but I hate trying to come up with my own ideas for them. I love being able to express myself, but words never seem to come out quite right. Even when I'm talking my brain and my mouth can never keep up with one another and half the time I end up making a fool out of myself. Seriously, I'll get half way through a sentence and then suddenly realize that's not the way I wanted to phrase what I was saying. I'm constantly tongue tied, mumbling and bumbling my way through conversations. You would think after 20 years or so of talking and using the English language I would have figured it out by now.

Oh well, all I can do is keep writing and talking and using my words. Hopefully one of these days practice will make perfect.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment