Friday, May 13, 2011

Sleeping Sickness

Someone come and,
someone come and save my life.
Maybe i'll sleep when I am dead,
but now it's like the night is taking sides.
And all the worries that occupy the back of my mind,
could it be this misery will suffice?


Whenever I'm feeling certain emotions....sad, tired, uncertain, and like I have no idea how to get myself and my life on the track I want it to be on, I turn to 3 things: music, dance, and art. When I'm in this mood I especially love music like City and Colour, Joshua Radin, Ray LaMontagne and Death Cab for Cutie. I don't know what it is about all these artist but they never fail to become suddenly overplayed when I'm feeling down. I think it's all because they have a way of soothing my mind and providing just enough to turn things around.

Last night as I was laying in bed reading I had City and Colour playing in the background and realized how much I needed a little music therapy. Dallas Green, the songwriter and lead singer for City and Colour has such a way with words, it always amazes me.

- - -
I am so tired right now all I want to do is curl up and sleep. I woke up at 6 am to meet my friend Sandy for a nice run/walk this morning. We chatted a bit and then she kicked my butt at running. Sandy is running the Bay Shore half marathon....that's like twice as long as I'm running. I was originally going to sign up for the half but the spots went too quickly...and now I'm really thankful. Obviously I haven't exactly been training well...or at all for this 10K and I'm definitely hoping on a miracle here. I also spent the rest of my morning doing fun stuff like Insanity Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs...so (not) fun. It is quite a love/hate relationship I have with exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment