Friday, May 27, 2011

Pre-Race Night

Tomorrow is the big day!

I will be waking up early in the AM to get ready to run 10K, or 6.2 miles. I have never ran that far (not that I'll be actually "running" that far tomorrow). Because I was really bad about training for this race my expectations aren't the highest, but I am going to try my best and hopefully kick some race butt tomorrow!!

When we went to get our packets tonight traffic was awful and the Central High School gym was PACKED. I was a little disappointed in the race "packets" for this Bayshore. Our packets for the Turkey Trot were pretty nice and included not only a t-shirt, but water bottle and a bunch of nice coupons. Tonight we only got our bibs and a t-shirt....lame.

I'm honestly feeling a little nervous for tomorrow, not that I don't think I will finish, but just in the way that who knows what will happen and what running that far/long will be like. My goal is to run it in at least 1 hour and 15 minutes. Plus having to get up so early and run at 7:30, that seems a bit early for these events... who thought this was a good idea? The weather tomorrow is looking a little bleak. It's supposed to be 58 by 6am and there's a 50% chance of rain in the morning :( I should have done some sort of rain dance to prevent it from coming tomorrow.

But for now I just need to get to bed so I can get a good nights sleep and be a functional person in the AM. I wish anyone else who is running the race tomorrow a good luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment