Saturday, July 20, 2013

Take me to...

"Take me to your trees. Take me to your breakfasts, your sunsets, your bad dreams, your shoes, your nouns. Take me to your fingers."
- Margaret Atwood, Good Bones

Being alone isn't hard. Being alone is lovely. It's being lonely that's the difficult part.

- - - - - 
Today was a good day, much better than I was expecting it to be. The day started very romantically, reading while eating a pastry and sipping iced chai at an outside table downtown. Then came the family reunion, complete with many of the same questions and judgmental looks that come with my not so carefully constructed answers. For dinner I met up with a friend and went to a little downtown restaurant called Poppycocks, followed by frozen yogurt at Sugarkissed. Now I'm just finishing off the day by watching Before Sunset.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment