Saturday, July 20, 2013

Currently Watching: Before Sunrise


Surprisingly it's my first time ever watching this movie. Now I know what all the hype is about. Two minutes in I already knew it was my perfect movie. One of those movies that are just comfortable to watch, as if you're watching a day in the life of your friends. The story line centers around this very romantic notion of chance meetings and two people sharing a moment of time and space in one another's lives. So glad I now have two more movies to watch after this. I have a feeling these characters will stay with me for a while.


Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy have such great chemistry. I just can't stand it. I want to spend a day/night roaming around a European city getting to know someone who was a stranger at the beginning of the day. It's one of those things that everyone seems to hope for, but would never actually happen in real life, or it happens very rarely. I won't be holding my breathe waiting for the Jesse to my Celine.


"I always feel this pressure of being a strong and independent icon of womanhood, and without making it look my whole life is revolving around some guy. But loving someone, and being loved means so much to me. We always make fun of it and stuff. But isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more?"- Celine

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment