Sunday, July 28, 2013

Changes.

I'm trying to make some changes in my life. Mostly letting things go, cleaning up, and simplifying the world around me, including this blog.

The blogs I like best have simple, clean lined layouts. I wanted something that embraced the power of white space to really let the words and pictures do the talking. Hopefully I succeeded in incorporating that idea while still flaunting my love of purple.

When I originally updated this blog the first time to the pink ink dripped background from before I thought that would help show off my artsy side. It wasn't long though before I realized it was a rather distracting background. Although I love a certain level of chaos in my artwork, I am happy to have something a little less chaotic as framework for this diary-like space of mine on the internet.

After almost three years on this blog, I still have no idea what I want to talk about on here. I'm always shocked when people besides me or my ever supportive parents even read what I've written. I've been in major life crisis mode ever since graduating college and I'm hoping this blog will help me figure out where I want to be. I just keep reminding myself that it's not about the destination but the journey, besides there really is no person that has their entire life figured out. I could be as down as I want to be about my current situation, but that isn't going to help get me somewhere new any time soon.

Anyway, the new layout is just the start of the changes I have in mind for the rest of this year. I feel like I've already spent half of the year laying around doing nothing (which really I haven't, but I still feel that way) and I don't want to spend the next five months doing the same exact thing. I'll let you know the plans once I've got them laid out better (list making is my friend), but hopefully today will be the start of some positive changes in my life.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment