Friday, June 17, 2011

When Bad turns to Good: Part 2

Yesterday morning was spent in the Emergency Room. Apparently I just can't get enough hospital time in and my body felt the need to show me what's up. I got poked a number of times when they tried to put the IV in and draw blood. I swear I have no viens....they're just tiny, like to hide, and hate giving up my blood. The guy actually ended up putting the IV in my leg, yup...my leg. It looked super weird, but hey if it works.

They did a bunch of tests, but everything looked good. The doctor really thought it was my appendix at first because the pain was mostly on the right side starting from my belly button. I had woken up at 5:45 and had this sharp pain in my stomach, unlike any kind of normal stomach pain. I thought it'd be ok and just go away, but after a few moments of not being able to lay down or stand up straight I knew something wasn't right. The problem with stomach pains when you're a girl is that people always just assume you're having cramps or something.....seriously people, I'm not that big of a wimp. I wasn't nauseous at all and it wasn't down low, but right by my belly button. After drinking two cups of Barium and being injected with dye for a CAT scan the doctor came back to tell me it was surprisingly not my appendix and thus he didn't know what could be causing it. He then just decided it'd be best to send me home and hope that it'd get better.

As glad as I was that the pain wasn't anything serious and that I didn't have to have surgery to remove my appendix or anything, I hate not knowing what is wrong. The doctor told us that about 50% of the people who come in with stomach pain end up being unexplained causes and most are just a once in a lifetime thing and get better on their own. Cross my figures I'm one of those people.

Today's been better, but my stomach is still sore. I was really hoping to go to a free class at Yen Yoga Studios sometime yesterday, today or Saturday, but with problems like this I don't know if that'd be the best idea. They've had free classes all week, which is an amazing deal, but I've been so busy the last few days. I really wanted to try out a spinning class.

- - -

On a completely different note.....I HAVE A JOB!!! I went to a group interview last week with the Gap Outlet that's in town and was called back for a second interview on Wednesday. Yesterday afternoon while lounging on the couch I received the call I was hoping for asking me if I wanted the job....YES. So that at least made the day 10x better than it was turning out to be. I can't wait to get working and it's a huge stress relief finally knowing I have a job....not to mention something else to do with my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment