Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gaduates, Romantics, and Statistics

Woa, sorry I've been a little awol this past week. Last weekend was full of fun and family and life's been a little busy lately. I feel like a ton of stuff is being crammed into this week. I have to admit that I love being busy but I hate when things are boring for so long and then all of the excitement happens all at once.

Saturday came with two graduation parties for a dance friend and my cousin Ariana Joy! So proud of her and I can't wait to have her so much closer next year. Congrats again crazy cousin of mine.



Yup we're mature.

Of course the weekend wouldn't have been complete without a bonfire, millions of bug bites and a wee bit of hot tub time. That last part happened at night because it's been so hot and humid in TC that I feel like I'm melting every time I step out the door. I wanted summer weather but this is a bit much for my taste. I guess there's never a happy medium.... and I always enjoy the sunshine either way.

Yesterday was my designated hang out with Sam night because she is leaving for France on Saturday! I'm sad she won't be here for the rest of summer, but happy for her that she gets this amazing opportunity to be an au pair for the next few months. We made (I cut up a sweet potato and Sam did the rest) this amazing dinner last night which consisted of a smoothie appetizer, black bean burgers adapted from a fANNEtastic food recipe, and some sweet potato fries. YUMMY! It was a pretty perfect meal especially because I was starving by the time we got to her house. We also rented the movie The Romantics to watch in Sam's cool basement to get out of the heat. I had been meaning to watch this movie but hadn't managed to fit it in before this. The movie was a classic chick flick story line, but was told in an incredibly real way which for me was it's strong point. You get to know each character and yet everything is left with an open feel to it, like you're just witnessing this little snippet of the bigger story that is the characters' lives. Unlike other books and movies that try to wrap up the story at the end this was just cut off as things would be in real life. The movie had an amazing cast of actors which included Katie Holmes, Adam Brody, Josh Duhamel, Anna Paquin, Elijah Wood and a few other noticeable names and face. If you like complete, simple, nice love stories this movie probably isn't for you....but if you like movies that are realistic and show the confusion, passion, anger, and hurt that comes with loving someone else whether it's a friend or something more than that, this movie is the perfect choice.

One more day of Statistics tomorrow and then I'm done! Can't wait to have this class over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment