Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sweatin Up in Here

They really need to learn to better regulate the heat in our building, you would think they'd try to save money and never have it up that high....but no. A few weeks ago it was PERFECT in my room, it had moved past the sauna stage and on to something not too cold, but not hot either. It was during that time that I could comfortably sleep at night, I wasn't worried about the cream in the center of my oreo's getting too soft, and didn't mind exercising in my room without the window open.Now on the other hand, the heat is blaring again and everything has been falling apart (okay, that might be an exaggeration, but it is hot!)

I was also contemplating the 16 year old Sarah who LOVED to workout, what happened to her? Where did that person go because she certainly is not her now. I used to be the girl who would work out in her spare time.....everyday before school, dance most afternoons, follow along to programs on the Fitness Channel, and just an all around active person (you could call me the female Matthew McConaughey). Now it takes quite a bit of motivation to get myself to the gym, to pop in a workout DVD, or go out for a bike ride (granted it's winter and I'm not going to bike in this weather regardless, but still). I wish I had the same physical drive as I had back then.


Me at 16 in my size 0 dress at my cousin's wedding.....metabolism please come back!!!

I can't help but wonder, is this really the result of gaining this extra weight? The more weight you gain, less energy you have, and thus the less motivation to do anything....making this battle with weight a never ending cycle?

I wish I wasn't one of those people that ate when she was bored, or sad, or hormonal, but a girl who ran when she was bored, biked when she was sad, or drank a fat free organic smoothie when she was hormonal (?). Most of all, I just want to be able to be comfortable when I hit the beach this summer in a two piece bikini.... I don't want to become a one piece wearer, those swim suits are boring and kind of expensive :(

for instance:

This bathing suit from Victoria's Secrets....probably the only cute one piece I would even think about buying (hello old style glamor), but it cost $167! Not worth it to me.

So many cute new suits this year.....I just want to go shopping!

On the plus side I did do another round of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I think it's time to move on to level two, my body needs a good shake up. Also, yoga tonight with Corie at 6:30! Can't wait. It'll be my first yoga class at the rec center, and Corie's first yoga class EVER. Hopefully it keeps both of us coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment