Sunday, February 6, 2011

Home for the Weekend

My mom called me on Thursday and told me about an available ride back to TC that day. When you get the chance, grab it and go, right? I was a little hesitant because I've never met the girl and just got in the car and left....lets just say it was a long and interesting car ride north. 

Spring break is coming up in a few weeks and I wouldn't have come home till then if this ride didn't come up so I'm thankful to get a little more home time....or should I say Traverse City time, because I really haven't seen a lot of my family or home. Ever since I woke up Friday morning I feel like I've been on the run, making plans, squeezing in visits with all my favorite people. 

I had lunch on Friday with my friend Sandy. We met at our favorite spot, Luigi's, for smoothies, bread nuggets, pizza, and grinders. It's always great hanging out with Sandy and catching up on her life. I miss seeing her everyday! 

After lunch, my cousin Ari asked if I would want to meet for coffee after she got out of school.....how could I turn that down? So we went to Espresso Bay for some mochas and boy dishing. Then I was invited for dinner and my cousin Sheana's house (Ari's sister) and got to see some more of that family. Ari and I took on the task of finding a cake for dessert and went on an adventure around town in search of the perfect one. We tried Simply Cupcakes....which would have been good if they hadn't been closed due to the fact that they sold out of cupcakes :(, the Sweet Asylum... but they didn't really carry stuff like that, and Cold Stone....where we ended up getting an ice cream cake (YUM!) Happy Day!

So Friday ended with a nice hot tub soak at Ari's House, and watching the movie Killers with Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher (man is his body gorgeous!) 

Saturday then started with a nice chat with my Aunt Deb, who made us a wonderful batch of waffles. Ari and I then decided we'd go see The Roommate, until we got there a little later than expected and made a last minute decision to see Black Swan. It made me miss pointe shoes and tutu's, but glad I never took on a role like that. I thought the movie was very well done and give mega props for the dedication those two women put into training for those roles. 

After returning home, my parents and I headed out to see my Grandma, then back into town to go to dinner....at Don's Drive In :) My brother did not disappoint with his shake making and I miss those burgers when I'm in Kzoo. But I didn't spend that much time with the family before I headed over to meet with Samantha for another trip to Espresso Bay and some good time to catch up on each other's lives.

Oh how time flies when you're having fun! I can't believe it's already Sunday and I have to head back to school soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment