Bored? Looking for some good websites to browse through in your down time? Here's a few that I like to use...
Lets start with the basics.
- Facebook: You knew this would be on here. Most people have an account, mostly used for stalking people you never talk to, or hardly know but mutually decide you're friends in some sort of way. Or consider all the games you can play here.
- Free Rice: Learn new words, and help feed the hungry!
- Stumbleupon: You start....and you just can't stop! This website has kept me up into the wee hours of the night, procrastinating like it's my career.
- Texts from last night: The website started by students from MSU, allows people around the world to share their "unfortunate" texts from the night before. You'll be laugh, you'll be disgusted, you'll feel sorry for whoever's life lead them to this, but in the end it's all worth reading.
- Flickchart: My new addiction! Me being the lover of movies that I am, was recommended to this site by my cousin and wasted too many hours today choosing which movies I liked best. The website has you compare two different movies and you select which one you like best. If you haven't seen a certain movie, or either of the ones they provide, you just click the "haven't seen it" buttons and it will bring up another move to compare. The website uses all of your answers to rank each movie.
- Makes Me Think: People can add certain stories or situations that "made them think." Some of them are sad, some are funny, some are heartwarming. You never know what you're gonna get from this site.
- Fmylife: I used to read this a lot....but then it got boring. It is a good way to make you appreciate your life. There are plenty of other people going through just as annoying/terrible or even worse situations than you are.
- Tastespotting: If you love to cook, bake, or just love food itself, this website is a great way to find recipes. Bloggers use this to share pictures and recipes of the day, and I love looking through to find unusual meals or helpful basics.
- Sporcle: A website full of quizzes. Test your knowledge on everything from geography to movie quotes. You'll be amazed at what you know, or don't know.
- Awkward Family Photos: Browse through the plethora of family photos that probably should have been avoided....but luckily for your humor were shared.