Monday, February 21, 2011

Saturday Adventure

After our late night on Friday, Sam and I woke up just before noon on Saturday. I had promised Sam we would run together, or should I say I reluctantly agreed to drag myself around campus while secretly hating my decision to invite her for the weekend (just kidding.....or not). We ate a small breakfast in my room and got ready to go out. Luckily the weather was just right for a day outside....not too warm, not too cold, not really windy, and the sun was out. I was wearing my long running pants and my turkey trot long sleeve shirt.

We ran around campus maneuvering the hills and buildings for just over 3 miles. The concept goes, we run....until I give up, then Sam gets mad at me and tells me I HAVE to start running again......and then the whole system starts over again (but really she's a good motivator). At one point my shoulder, that had been lose and hurting all last week, must have popped back into the socket or something of that sort, because I felt the sharpest pain in my arm mid stride and had to stop and crumple over......until I realized it actually felt better afterward. There was a lot of walking that happened during this "run" as well, so really I don't know if you could even call it a run to be exact.

After some nice showers we dropped in for a visit to Panera Bread for some whole grain bagels (love), coffee and much needed study time. Half way through study time I got bored and took a break to read more of "We the Living"......I've been working on this book for almost a whole year now (but I FINALLY found the time to finish it!)

Around 6 Sam and I met up with Claire, who we both know from high school and who also goes to WMU, and we went out for dinner. Sam is a vegetarian and so we were looking for something special to Kalamazoo but would have options for all of us. I was also in the mood for some good sweet potato fries, so Claire mentioned a restaurant called Crows Nest. Crows Nest was a small second floor cozy restaurant which offers lots of tofu and Claire insisted they had great breakfast as well. I tried the Down and Around wrap which included cucumbers, marinated tofu, romaine, havarti, and pesto on a wheat wrap with a side of sweet potato fries (of course). YUM!! It was delicious and I can't wait to go back there again! Everything on the menu looked amazing and we all took forever to decide what we wanted.

Sunday morning was followed up by another decision to eat out.....seeing as I haven't ever had IHOP either, we decided to go there. My breakfast included scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, and chocolate chip pancakes (and no I did not finish everything on my plate because that sounds like way more when I actually think back on it). I love breakfast foods, it's my favorite meal of the day and can never be skipped.

Do you have a favorite meal of the day?


Now I'm off to get this home work finished so I don't have to worry about school after Thursday. I just can't wait for spring break......especially now that it's just icy/snowy nastiness outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment