Sunday, February 20, 2011

Guess Who Came for the Weekend?

Samantha!


My best friend came to visit me in Kalamazoo this weekend :) It was a fun girls weekend with some exploring in this town I have hardly been able to venture around in.

On Friday I was busy.... washing dishes, putting away clothes, and doing laundry. I called my Aunt Julie to see if she would let me come over. I was in desperate need of some clean towels. Sam arrived in town around 6 and we spent some time catching up before trying to decide where to go for dinner. Most of the time deciding where to eat is the hardest thing for us to do. Most of our conversations go like this.......

"So what do you want to eat?"
"I don't know"
"Where do you want to go?"
"I don't know"
"Is there anything special you want?"
"Not really"......

And it just continues that way for quite some time, until we both give up and just pick a random place. We're so good at making decisions ;)

Sam urged me to try Jimmy Johns. I know, I've been in college for 3 years now and still have not tried Jimmy Johns, people act like I'm a crazy person every time someone new finds out. I just don't see what the big idea is, not that the sandwich wasn't delicious, but it wasn't like my world suddenly gotten better now that Jimmy Johns joined my life. I ordered a number 13: The Gourmet Veggie Club which included  double provolone, real avocado spread, sliced cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, lettuce, tomato, & mayo (but I got it minus the mayo). We then proceeded to search around for a Redbox with You Again in it, because the Bernhard Center one was out of the movie and none of the other options looked good, but that was a total fail. Each one we stopped at kept getting worse and worse, with continuously less options.
So we went for frozen yogurt instead! I was looking for frozen yogurt places the other day on Urbanspoon.com and came across a place named White Velvet. YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM! They didn't have a whole lot of variety, but it tasted so refreshing and good.


We rounded out Friday night with some girl talk late into the AM (like 4:45 am to be exact) while I snacked on my favorite Dove dark chocolate and Dirty Dancing played on the TV in the background. Overall it was a good adventurous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment