Monday, February 7, 2011

Late Night Run

I feel like I always end up running so late at night.....okay, like 8 or 9 o'clock (so not too late). I would probably be one of those people in the gym at like 3 am if it were open. I was surprised at how busy the track was. It seems like lately the whole rec center has been jam packed with people, I'm glad they're all staying true to their New Years Resolutions, but I hope they clear out soon. I miss the feel of the open gym, being able to have the track all to myself and not have to weave in and out of everyone (although I guess it's good practice for races). I'm determined to start running on a more regular basis, seeing as the once a week run isn't helping me all that much. My pace almost feels like it's slowing down, which is weird, but I do think the pace of my walking breaks have increased :) I definitely wasn't feeling in the groove tonight so I stuck with 2 and a half mile run/walk.

So here's the mile breakdown:

Mile 1:

  • lap 1-2 = walk
  • lap 3-6 = run
  • lap 7 = walk
  • lap 8 = run
  • lap 9 = walk
Mile 2:
  • lap 1 = run
  • lap 2 = walk
  • lap 3 = run
  • lap 4 = walk
  • lap 5-6 = run
  • lap 7 = walk
  • lap 8 = run
  • lap 9 = walk
Mile 3:
  • lap 1 = walk
  • lap 2 = run
  • lap 3-4 = walk
Follow every thing up with some crunches and stretching....and we're good to go!

Now back to watch Pretty Little Liars at 10 (and Gossip Girl but I have no clue what is going on because I'm not caught up on any recent episodes). Someday I'll have time again to catch up on Grey's, Gossip Girl, Desperate Housewives, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory......I clearly watch way too many TV shows (please don't judge me).

No comments:

Post a Comment