Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"It's The Kind Of Book That Can Be Life Changing"

“He was the crazy one who had painted himself black and defeated the world.

She was the book thief without the words.

Trust me, though, the words were on their way, and when they arrived, Liesel would hold them in her hands like the clouds, and she would wring them out like rain." - Markus Zusak

I started The Book Thief earlier. I'm only 90 pages into it and I already think this is my new favorite book of all time. Markus Zusak's writing is so incredible (ex: above quote) and I don't think I'd ever be able to say enough good things about it, even at this point.



I want to just keep reading, and reading, nonstop until I'm done, but I also hate finishing books. Everyday dilemmas. Now I know why everyone loves this book. It's definitely worth picking up. I was also really glad that I didn't watch the trailer before starting to read the book. I love delving into unknowns when it comes to books. I didn't want the trailer to ruin anything for me. Hopefully I can make it all the way through before every watching it.

What are you currently reading? Have you read The Book Thief?

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment