Thursday, September 12, 2013

Autumn!

The weather has finally cooled off today so I ventured out for my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. Like so many others, fall is my favorite time of the year, and I'm certainly not ashamed to say I get excited for all things pumpkin. Here's a little list of all the other things that I'm looking forward to this fall.

Picture from last year in TC
  • College football (although it's not the same now that I'm done with school)
  • Sweater weather
  • Fresh apples from the farmer's market
  • The crisp air (and not dripping in sweat if I decide to walk anywhere)
  • Colorful leaves
  • Boots (can we talk about how much I want this entire outfit?)
  • New seasons of my favorite TV shows
  • Scarves, scarves, and more scarves
  • A decline in my allergies (we can only hope)
  • Doughnuts and apple cider
  • Fall flavored Woodchuck 
  • Darker nail polish colors
  • Beanie season begins
  • Hot coffee and tea
  • New beginnings

It's funny how fall has really always marked the beginning of a new year for me, more than anything else. Since so much of our younger years revolve around school, and the "school year," fall always defined a new start. This year definitely seems different without the start of classes, but I'm determined to still consider this a new start (and a new change). I've been working hard every day trying to keep a positive attitude and outlook. Fall just means pushing forward, trying harder, starting fresh.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment