Friday, September 20, 2013

Harvest Chai and Stuff

I can't believe it's already September 20th. The first day of fall is only two days away and I feel like I've barely posted anything this month. I've let my blogging duties slip lately, it's not for lack of time but lack of inspiration. I don't really want to write for the pure sake of getting another blog post out (kind of what I feel like I'm doing right now).

I haven't been up to a whole lot lately. Mostly running around town, trying to force myself to get out of the house. That's the main problem when you don't have classes or a job, there's really no great reason to get dressed and venture out into public. Today I went downtown to a coffee shop to read again. There's a few different coffee places downtown and I didn't know where I wanted to go until I remembered what time of year it was. Espresso Bay has a seasonal drink called a Harvest Chai, which is a mixture of apple cider and chai tea. Basically my friends and I think this is the greatest drink of all time and have no idea how this is the only coffee shop that we know of that serves a drink like this.


Last year we were sorely disappointed by our favorite fall beverage because someone hadn't trained the baristas correctly and the drinks were not up to snuff. Thankfully this barista knew what was up and made me an oh-so-deliciously dreamy Harvest Chai. It's kind of pathetic that a drink can make me this happy.

In other news, I'm still reading The Book Thief because I started watching Supernatural and that has taken up most of my time lately. I'm already on season four. I've put off watching Supernatural for quite some time now (the tenth season will be starting soon). I really didn't have any desire to watch it when the show first came out, but my years on tumblr started to convince me it may actually be worth my time. Besides all those weird tumblr posts were making me really curious. Another part of me resisted watching the show for the fact that I didn't want another show to obsess over. Finally at the end of August one of my best friends told me she had started watching the show and highly recommended that I do the same. Now I'm hooked and there's no looking back. I didn't realize just how funny the show actually was.


Those Winchester men aren't too bad to look at either.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment