Sunday, August 14, 2011

Morning Jog/Walk


I mapped my "run" this morning which turned out to be roughly 2.6 miles. Farther than I thought it was going to be. Weather was perfect this morning! A comfortable 68 degrees and the sun was still behind the morning clouds. It took me roughly 45 minutes (because I walked a lot of it). I did however run the full way from the light at Division and the Parkway to the turn toward the water and the open space, past the volley ball courts. It was a major accomplishment seeing as when I first started running last year I could only do about half that before stopping to walk. Probably if I had really pushed myself I could have made it a bit farther too. I'm hoping by the time I go back to school in a few weeks I can run all the way from my house to the sculpture that marks the start of the TART trail. It's quite a bit farther for two weeks so we'll see. I guess it just depends how much running I can fit in between now and the 26th.

I told my dad he better start training too or else he won't be able to catch up (lies because he can already run 3 miles without really training... lucky). Now I just need to find a 5K to sign up for to keep me on track. Anyone know of any races coming up in Michigan?

Off to cross off thrift shopping with Sandy at Goodwill!

(file under perfect Sunday)

No comments:

Post a Comment