Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Fitblr" Favorites

I woke up early for another morning jog. This time I went 3.1 miles and finished in an hour. I figured it took me an extra 15 minutes or so to wait at all the lights and go in and talk to my mom, so it was probably more like 45 minutes of actual run/walking. I wish I was faster. Right now I'm just trying to work up to a straight mile again before I work on speed, but I get so discouraged when people can basically walk faster than I can jog it.

One of the reasons I've started to work out and get motivated again is from reading two blogs that really have inspired me lately: One Twenty Five and Ben Does Life. I had heard of Ben Does Life here and there in fitness blogs that I've read over the past year or so. He's made local, national, as well as international news. Ben made headlines after making an incredibly inspirational Youtube video called "My 120 pound journey"(I cry every time). I'd definitely recommend checking it out, because you pretty much can't not get up and get exercising after you watch it. If he could run at 358 pounds (at a faster pace than me nonetheless), then you really can't make any excuses for yourself. Since Ben started he's run 5ks, 10ks, marathons, and even two Ironmans. His blog is pretty amazing! I've laughed, I've cried, and I've gotten jealous of the way he does life.

Liz at 125 is this Canadian bad ass, who recently announced she's skipping over to Europe to travel and climb Mount Everest! Seriously, I think she's super cool and just want her life. She used to be 200 pounds and then a few years ago (around the same time as Ben, started the blog to keep her accountable. Her goal weight is 125 and she's already down 50 pounds.

So I guess in a way, I owe Ben, and Liz, for getting me back out there, getting one step closer to my goals every day.

What are you waiting for? Go out and DO LIFE.

Love and Peace,
S

PS. I totally agree with Liz in that I hate the word fitblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment