Monday, December 13, 2010

Life and Other Things

I ONLY HAVE ONE MORE DAY OF THE SEMESTER!!!!
2 Exams down and 2 more to go!

(So I should probably be spending this time working on my exams.....but really who are we kidding, I won't start working on them for another 3 hours at least.).....My parents will be so proud


I had a thought today, (crazy I know) about the fact that my life in general is pretty boring. Not much happens during my day, and there haven't been any big changes in the last couple months and everything has basically settled into place.(Which makes me wonder why anyone is reading this?) In some ways I'm thankful that everyone is safe and relatively good, but in another way I'm bummed. I think it's time for me to go on an adventure or stir up my life a bit. Even if it's a crazy hair cut or some bright purple hair extensions?

My friend Nicole made a nice observation that what I needed was a boyfriend......isn't that easier said than done? I was asked once why I didn't have a boyfriend......like I just choice to not have a boyfriend. But in all honestly, being single has it's ups.
There's no one you have to call every night,
you get to actually watch movies,
you don't have to worry about buying someone a gift or remembering dumb dates.....like weekly/monthly anniversaries,
you are able to spend more time with your friends,
and basically do whatever you want.
Don't get me wrong, I think having someone to share things with would be nice, but I'm trying to make the most out of the current situation. Gotta keep the outlook positive.

So in light of my basically event-less day (ok I did have 2 exams but we're not counting that crap) I've decided to make a list of all things I plan on doing during my time home.


  •  Catch up on Desperate Housewives (I'm basically still back in the middle of last season)
  • See a movie at the State Theater and eat lunch at Crema with Sandy!!!!
  • Go sledding
  • Make a snowman (stupid Western doesn't allow them)
  • Bake some cookies
  • Make chip dip
  • Go for a midnight Meijer run for sushi
  • Celebrate Christmas
  • Celebrate New Years
  • Go to Red Ginger for sushi
  • Have a girls night with Sandy and Chelsea
  • Hug my friend after almost 4 months of not seeing her....Yes I'm talking about you Winnie!
  • Color with Gabby and Sam
  • Watch a bunch of Christmas movies
  • Take a bath
  • Hopefully go running
  • Take a yoga class
  • Get a haircut
  • Walk around downtown TC
  • Hot tub and girl talk at Ariana Joy's
  • See all of my extended family members 
  • Go to Espresso Bay for coffee
  • Dance!
  • Make Kraft Mac and Cheese
  • Get a new phone.....with texting :)
I'm sure there's plenty more I should add to the list, but I can't think of them at the moment. One more day and it's Good Bye for now Kalamazoo, Helloooooo Traverse City!

No comments:

Post a Comment