Friday, October 25, 2013

Feeling Good

Today has been the most productive "trying to move myself forward" day that I've had in a very long time. Maybe yesterday's incredibly off day has helped amplify today's good mood, but I'll take it. Today is the first day in a long time that I actually felt like I did something important with my time. I've been doing stuff (and things) trying to keep myself busy, but none of it has worked to improve my current state of affairs. Maybe I'm taking small steps, but it was a nice reminder that I am indeed capable of something more, something better.

Even with the distance you can still see how gorgeous the colors look across the bay.

I woke up and went downtown for a muffin, coffee, and a little reading. I just finished Finding It, book three in the Losing It series, by Cora Carmack and am currently in the middle of Shatter Me and Franny and Zooey (I can never read one book at a time). I'll probably write a separate post in the very near future reviewing all of these. Getting coffee, or semi-expensive lattes, every day is probably not the greatest idea, but this has become the little bit of routine in my daily schedule and it feels nice. It's the one thing I feel like I have full control over (which probably doesn't make any sense now that I think about it).

Anyway after finishing my coffee and walking back home, I ran my special errands. I even picked up a nice gift for myself as a "you're doing good, kid" kind of thing (and yes that is how I talk to myself). Since Bath & Body Works was having one of their 2 for $22 sales on three wick candles, I bought the Harvest Gathering and Sparkling Icicles ones. I could have bought more, oh man, so many more, but one must restrain herself. When did candles get to be so exciting?


After the mall came the typical daily things, like dinner and tv shows, topped off by watching The Holiday. Give me Jude Law any day (and Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, and Jack Black). Plus you can't forget the real stars of that movie, the two little girls who play Graham's daughters; those girls are way too adorable. I don't think I could ever get sick of The Holiday, no matter how many times I've seen it. Let's just say it made for a good night.

Hope everyone else's day has been productive and enjoyable.
Did you do something to feel good about today?

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment