Friday, September 9, 2016

Songs On Repeat

Do you have listening habits when it comes to music? I've always had the tendency to play a group of songs on repeat for a few weeks at a time and then I'll move onto the next phase. I cycle through my favorites and come back to them every so often, rediscovering lost loves from months or years before. Last week I picked up Sam Hunt's 2014 album Montevallo and Oh Wonder's 2015 self titled album. I've had both albums blasting on repeat since. They were great for my family's extended weekend road trip to Illinois.

Body Gold by Oh Wonder -




33 "God" by Bon Iver -




Raised On It by Sam Hunt -




Air 'Em Out by Clipping. - 




Kevin (Ft. Leon Bridges) by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis -





Without You by Oh Wonder- 




Into You by Ariana Grande -




Should I Stay or Should I Go by The Clash (This song has been stuck in my head all week. I blame it on Stranger Things. I'm currently on episode 5 and can't get enough.) -




Wherever Is Your Heart by Brandi Carlile - 





Tonight (Ft. Gangsta Boo) by Clipping. -





House Party by Sam Hunt -




After writing this post and looking at the list my only thought was, "wow, this seems so white girl." But maybe that has more to do with the fact that I am a white girl (sitting here drinking a Pumpkin Spice Latte) and less to do with the actual compilation of songs. Are we all walking clichés in one form or another?

Ok, time to float back into the shallow end and leave this post on a lighter note. Music is good. Music is universal. It helps connect us. Hopefully these songs made you feel connected. Or maybe they just got you to dance around your room for a little bit.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment