Thursday, September 8, 2016

I Call It Casual Thursday

After two years of three day work weeks I've found my favorite thing to do on Thursday is go to a coffee shop and read. Usually my Thursday outfit choices are casual and comfy, typically workout clothes or jeans and a t-shirt, makeup optional. 


Today's OOTD consisted of my favorite striped t-shirt from J. Crew (similar) and a pair of broken-in blue jeans (similar) from American Eagle. I opted for sunscreen instead of makeup and decided not to touch my hair once I rolled out of bed. That's right, I woke up like this. 


Lately, I've been trying this new thing where I take selfies when I feel ugly. The hat and Instagram filter help, but what else are filters for anyway? Learning to be confident in yourself is hard. Sometimes you have to build yourself up one selfie at a time. This photo was taken pre-walk to the coffee shop for a PSL (yay fall).

For those of you wondering what I was listening to, it's Sam Hunt's Montevallo. I'm not usually a country person but this album has wiggled it's way into my brain and taken over. Let's just say it, I'm obsessed.


More like blasting "Raised On It" over and over and over again. In fact I almost named this post "Snap backs and Levi jeans." If only I owned a pair of Levi's.


I was taking OOTD photos and Linis came to join the fun. My cat has been mysteriously nice lately. I'm starting to wonder if he's plotting something.






This is his, "You talkin' to me?" face.


After 26 years I finally managed to pick up "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll. Have you read it? I'm not very far into the story yet. My brain is having a hard time moving past "Shrill" by Lindy West. Seriously, go read that book.


With the presence of pollen allergies and the threat of rain, I've spent most of my time indoors lately. It was nice to finally get outside and go for a walk again. Hopefully September has more nice days like this one planned.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment