Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Coffee and Gilmore Girls


I've been re-watching Gilmore Girls from season one lately and I have noticed a dramatic increase in my daily coffee intake. There's something about watching that show and being able to appreciate their love of coffee while holding a delicious and wonderful smelling cup in your own hands.



Since moving home, I've gotten used to making coffee in the Keurig. I don't even think I've ever actually made a pot of coffee in my parents coffee maker before today. Santa happened to gift me with a bag of Starbuck's Holiday Blend this year and I was pleasantly surprised (or not really that surprised) by how good it tastes. A whole eight cups might have been a bit much for only me, but now that it's made someone has to drink it.


I feel like this mug would be the perfect pairing for a Gilmore Girls marathon session. Lorelai and Rory always make me feel like I'm not making enough cultural references during my day to day interactions.



Also I just really love and miss watching Gilmore Girls. I love Lorelai's snappy bits, Luke's plaid shirts,  and the fact that Rory never leaves the house without a book. I love the Inn and Stars Hallow. I love all the men on that show. I love Max and his 1000 daisies and the fact that Luke is always around fixing things. I love when Rory visits Harvard. I love Lorelai and Rory's relationship and their relationship with everyone in town. I love the strong females that inspired me when I was younger and made me want to be and do so many things.

Basically Gilmore Girls is one of my all time favorite TV shows ever (if not my favorite) and I think every person should watch it at some point. Preferably while drinking a strong cup of coffee.

What's your favorite TV show? Can you relate to my coffee addiction?

-S

1 comment:

  1. Oh God I love Gilmore Girls, I always drink coffee when watching it too!
    It's just me hoping the caffeine will make me as quick and witty as Lorelai.
    http://girlabouttown15.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete