Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Exercise Log: Week 1 of Intervention

Well I made it the minimal requirement of 3 days for week 1 so far and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm definitely struggling more than I used to and can tell it will take some work to get my stamina up for running or biking any sort of distance.
On Friday I went to the Rec to bike for 2.5 miles (although I swear it was lying to me because I was on there for roughly 40 minutes). 
Sunday I just worked out at the Centre's gym for half an hour, alternating running and walking. As well as some core and arm exercises.
Tonight I started out on the treadmill for 10 minutes at an incline of 4-5 walking, then I moved onto the stationary bike for just over 20 minutes and 5 miles. I couldn't believe how bad my my legs hurt just after that little ways. So much time ahead of me. I'm definitely going to have to get to the gym more than 3 or 4 days a week.

I just wish I had my actual bike here to ride outside on a trail. Which reminds me that I need to find a bike shop around Kalamazoo so I can go get fit. If anyone knows of any let me know. Also if you have trails to recommend, I'd appreciate that as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment