Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Top 25 Most Played

I felt like I needed a year. I got my new computer last year on March 1st, and I told myself I'd have a year to regulate my top 25 playlist before I shared it with anyone. I was going to make a post about it right before my last laptop broke, but obviously that didn't work out in my favor. I have no idea if my old laptop would even turn on anymore and I'm not really sure I want to try at this point. I do know that the old list was much different that this list is. Sure there are a few overlaps here and there, but I think it adds up to something new in the end. It's weird how time changes us and music is just one of the ways of measuring that. So I guess it's time to get down to it...

1. Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye - 76 plays (I've had this song in my itunes since early September and I'm sure it would have had many more plays if I hadn't obsessively watched the music video for a week before buying the song, or all those times I've watched it after the fact.)
2. Nicest Thing by Kate Nash - 72 plays
3. Re: Stacks by Bon Iver - 70 plays ("this is not the sound of a new man or a crispy realization" there's just something about that line that I've always been really attracted to)
4. Skinny Love by Bon Iver - 68 plays
5. The World Spins Madly On by The Weepies - 62 plays (I listened to this song for hours after my friend died because it said what I couldn't say. I also love this band and I love Grey's Anatomy.)
6. Fireworks by You Me At Six - 62 plays
7. Wrapped In Piano Strings by Radical Face - 56 plays
8. Winter by Joshua Radin - 54 plays (obsessed with this song since forever, thank you Zach Braff)
9. Kids in Love by Mayday Parade - 54 plays
10. Someone Like You by Adele - 53 plays (the 21 cd was actually the first music I bought on my new laptop and for the longest time half the cd was part of my top played. I was obsessed for weeks.)
11. The Outdoor Type by The Lemonheads - 50 plays
12. Set the Fire to the Third Bar by Snow Patrol - 49 plays (was number one played on my old computer)
13. We Sing In Time by The Lonely Forest - 48 plays
14. Set Fire to the Rain by Adele - 47 plays
15. Sleeping Sickness by City and Colour - 44 plays (another song where the lyrics describe everything)
16. E.T. / Waiting for the End by Michael Henry and Justin Robinett - 43 plays (I've mentioned them before but I just love this mashup and these guys are amazing.)
17. Laundry Room by The Avett Brothers - 41 plays
18. What Sarah Said by Death Cab for Cutie - 41 plays (sometimes I don't have the words to explain what a song means to me.)
19. To Kingdom Come by Passion Pit - 40 plays
20. The Freshman by The Verve Pipe - 40 plays (this song reminds me of high school)
21. I and Love and You by The Avett Brothers - 39 plays
22. Michicant by Bon Iver - 37 plays
23. Going to California by Led Zeppelin - 37 plays (because I really want to move to California, I swear I will play this the whole way out there whenever I do.)
24. Anna Sun by Walk the Moon - 37 plays
25. Stay With Me by You Me At Six - 37 plays

No comments:

Post a Comment