Monday, March 5, 2012

Big Snow Storm Movie Number 10

I came home Friday for Spring Break which has been quite eventful so far. Traverse City got hit by a huge snow storm Friday night, getting 18 inches of snow just that night and putting the county in a state of emergency. Power lines were down all around town causing most of the city to lose power. There were trees and branches on houses, cars, and in the middle of streets. We luckily still had power through most of Saturday, up until about 7:30 pm and no fallen trees. We got power back Sunday around 2 and internet/cable back some time after that. I can't imagine people who still don't have power, or heat, or hot water. This storm definitely reminded me of all that I take for granted and made me even more thankful for everything my family is blessed with.

On Sunday, my family met up at Minerva's for breakfast to celebrate my Grandma's birthday. Later my mom and I decided to go see This Means War (March 5th).


I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. It was funny, cute, but not lacking in action and scandalous jokes. It's definitely not just another chick flick. Both Tom Hardy and Chris Pine are hot as always and I love Reese Witherspoon and Chelsea Handler. I'd give this movie 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment