Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Step by Step

Hey guys! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend with their family and friends.

Last week was a good week for me in terms of getting stuff done. I got to see one of my best friends on Tuesday while she was in town visiting family. On Wednesday I was able to go to the library and get a few things done there. Thursday I helped my grandpa with some of his Spring cleaning. Lastly, on Friday I managed to go for a run and bake cookies for my family. The run was much more successful than the last one and I could tell that taping my foot/shin made a huge difference. Now I can't wait to keep testing the waters and get into some sort of schedule (if only the weather would cooperate).


Sometimes I think it's funny what I consider "getting stuff done" now compared to years past, but I'm always proud of myself if I do anything besides sit around and watch TV. It's so tempting and easy to let yourself do nothing when there's nothing required of you (even though getting a job is a general all-encompassing goal/requirement). I have all the time in the world now and it's been harder than ever to actually get anything accomplished.

Life is always day by day and step by step. As much as I would like a fast forward button to take me to the future when I have a dependable job, am living out of my parent's house, and I'm in a serious relationship, no such thing exists. Besides, there's a lot to learn from taking the stairs not the elevator.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment