Thursday, August 9, 2012

Olympic Playlist

Yup that's right, I am so cool I made a playlist for the Olympics. Honestly I make playlists for everything. The list is kind of a mix between semi-old rap music, classic rock, and whatever it is I've been listening to this past week.


  1. Home by Philip Phillips (thank you nbc for getting this stuck in my head... at least it's a really good song)
  2. I Bet That You Look Good On the Dance Floor by the Arctic Monkeys (the opening ceremonies kind of reaffirmed my love for this band and this song)
  3. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen (just as I was thinking about how much I was beginning to hate this song the US swim team came out with this video and now I can't stop watching it)
  4. Got Money by Lil Wayne (because it was summer of '08, we all know how Phelps loves Lil Wayne, and the olympians have money now)
  5. Young Blood by The Naked and Famous (well I guess the name of the song and the name of the band kind of work for this pick)
  6. The Waiting by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (seriously, they have to just stand around until the gun or whatever, that'd be hard)
  7. Forever by Drake (last name ever first name greatest)
  8. Under Pressure by Queen (just think about all that pressure of representing your country)
  9. Livin on a Prayer by Bon Jovi
  10. Boys Boys Boys by Lady Gaga (kind of self explanatory now isn't it)
  11. The Fighter by Gym Class Heros
  12. All I Do Is Win by DJ Khaled (all we do is win, the US has 83 medals currently)
  13. I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
  14. Bicycle Race by Queen (BICYCLE BICYCLE BICYCLE)
  15. We Like Sportz by the Lonely Island (me this whole week, "hey do you want to go to a party with me? no the Olympics are on"
  16. Bad Things by Jace Everett (I want to do bad things with a few of those Olympians)
  17. Go Getta by Young Jeezy (talk about some go gettas)
  18. Sexy and I Know It (because of this video)
  19. Dirt Off Your Shoulder by Jay Z
  20. Good Time by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen
  21. I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry (because I will always think of Michael Phelps when I hear this song... don't ask why)
  22. I'm So Paid by Akon (they mention Michael Phelps...)
  23. Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men (My roommate has been playing this a lot this week. Obviously I don't mind)
  24. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk (because that's the way Olympians do it)
  25. Want U Back (she's british and my roommate and I have been rocking out to this all week)
  26. Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
  27. Lose Yourself by Eminem (this is a classic go out and do your best because you've only got one shot song)
  28. Wavin Flag by K'naan 
  29. Don't Stop Believin by Journey
  30. American Star by Lil Wayne
  31. Star Spangled Banner by Boston (because USA that's why!)
  32. Come Together by the Beatles (how awesome was that sing along during the opening ceremonies?!)
  33. Wannabe by the Spice Girls (8 year old me is super excited about the opening ceremonies)
  34. Bonus Track: Jeah! by Ryan Lochte (yes I made a sound recording off this video for my ipod. I die laughing every time)
So sit back and enjoy that masterpiece I just shared with you. Also go watch the Olympics because it only comes every 4 years, it's in London, there's hot people doing things you probably can't do and it's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment